Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Eagle has landed!




Huzzah! Our little man-cub saw fit to join us in the world today. I say "man-cub" because that kid is hairy! Despite being a bit hirsute, he's probably the most adorable child ever, maybe even today. His name is Owen Grant Johnson and he arrived with great fanfare at 3:52 am MST. He weighed in at 6 lbs 14 oz and a respectable 20 1/4 inches long. Not quite sure yet which of us he resembles more, i guess that will come. Right now though, I'm going with Grizzly Adams or maybe Brother Bear.

Michelle... what to say about the mommy? She was amazing! I can't believe how strong she was. She didn't want to show up at the hospital too soon, so she waited until she was only dilated to an 8.... AN 8!!!! She decided on an epidural and barely got it before it was too late. Luckily, the anesthesiologist was in the building and didn't have to come in from home. If she hadn't been there, Michelle wouldn't have had time and would've finished au natural. Mommy is doing fantastic and loving her little man. I'm so unbelievable proud of her.

Me? I did great too. I learned that I'm pretty good at counting to 10 a lot. I only got mildly queasy once and got a little bit rubber-legged. I got over it pretty quickly and finished strong. What a miracle, childbirth. I'm on cloud nine and wanted to share with all of you. I'm sure Michelle will fill you in as well. Love you all and good night.

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! He's beautiful! Way to go Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats guys! He is sooooo cute. Boys are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! Congratulations again! Cherish every moment with him!

    ReplyDelete